Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Throughout the 20th century, BASF has played a leading role in agriculture and nutrition. BASF Plant Science was founded in 1998 and is represented at seven sites in four countries. With this international network of expertise, BPS is especially well equipped to be a leader in plant biotechnology. We develop sustainable solutions for superior agricultural productivity, better and healthier nutrition and renewable resources. Leadership, creativity, teamwork and passion combined with our unique plant biotechnology expertise are the foundation for our success.
The Protein Analysis group is a knowledge-driven service function within BASF Plant Science research. The group is a member of the global Metabolite and Protein Analysis function that utilizes molecular analytical technologies to support the trait platforms at BASF Plant Science. This group provides completed work package tasks which are essential to advance projects to commercialization.
BPS is seeking to appoint three (3) Assistant Scientists/ Associate Scientists for the Protein Analysis team for its Research Triangle Park, NC location. The successful candidate(s) will be a member of a team to design and implement protein research experiments and provide written report to the trait projects.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work in a team to plan, design strategy and execute laboratory based workpackages to develop and perform immunological and biochemical assays for proteins, that will, in turn, aid protein based discovery research and trait development
- Express and purify native and recombinant expressed proteins, develop and perform immunological and biochemical assays for proteins
- Prepare data summaries, reports and presentation on research results
- Ensure experiments are conducted within applicable regulatory guidelines
- Maintain knowledge of innovative principles, theories and technologies relevant to protein research
QUALIFICATIONS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related field
- Creative problem solving skills, strong planning and organizational capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skill
Required technical skillset:
- Hands on experience in the following techniques
- Protein isolation and purification from native and recombinant sources
- Immunological and biochemical analyses of proteins
- Knowledge in database maintenance
- Knowledge in plant biology
APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 18, 2012 until July 18, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27712