Regulatory Toxicologist/Dietary Risk Assessor
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition.
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Toxicologist.
BPS is seeking to appoint an innovative and experienced Biotechnology Regulatory Toxicologist specializing in toxicology evaluations used in the safety assessments of biotech crop plants. The position is based in Research Triangle Park, NC. and reports to the Senior Manager of Regulatory Science. Specifically, the Biotechnology Regulatory Toxicologist will be responsible for designing and interpreting toxicological assessments of novel proteins produced in biotechnology products as well as whole food studies conducted with these products. The Biotechnology Regulatory Toxicologist will perform product steward responsibilities overseeing conduct of toxicology and whole food feeding studies as well as dietary risk assessments. The successful candidate will analyze toxicology data for products to determine human health hazard and perform risk assessments to demonstrate level of safety. These efforts support global regulatory approval processes. Responsibilities will include ensuring proper data analysis, managing contract studies and writing high quality regulatory study reports and summary documents.
QUALIFICATIONS: - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- • Ph.D. degree in the areas of toxicology or a related field, with 2 years of regulatory experience, or M.S. degree with 7 years regulatory experience or BS degree with 10 years regulatory experience
- • Demonstrated experience in toxicology safety studies
- • Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to handle negotiations with regulatory authorities
- • Demonstrated experience in documentation and writing study protocols and high quality technical reports
- • Leadership, project management and creative abilities and be a motivated team player.
- • Must be able to multi-task, meet project goals and attain desired results, often under time pressure and in a fast changing environment.
- • Must be willing to travel to contract testing facilities and participate as the BASF Plant Science representative, on appropriate inter-industry panels (to include some international travel)
- • Demonstrated experience in toxicology safety studies with transgenic crop plants or agricultural chemicals
- • Working knowledge of agricultural biotechnology regulatory requirements
- • Experience working in GLP environment
- • Experience in statistical analysis
APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 21, 2012 until December 21, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 27796