Scientist / Sr Scientist - Statistician
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF the Chemical Company consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. We are currently looking for a Statistician.
BASF Plant Science LP seeks a statistician for its facility in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina to provide statistics support for field, green house and lab experiments. The statistician will be involved in many challenging plant screening and development projects; work closely together with scientists to understand project goals; translate project goals into experimental designs and statistical analysis plans. Moreover, the statistician will also conduct statistical analyses and report results to customers as well as explore, develop and specify new innovative statistical solutions and set up standard analysis workflows. The position is integrated in a global team of statistics experts evaluating, aligning and staying abreast of new statistical methodologies.
BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Biology, Agronomy or related field with 2 years experience, -ORMaster degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Biology, Agronomy or related field with 7 years of experience, -ORBachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Biology, Agronomy or related field with 10 years experience in a related field. BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Strong expertise in statistical methodology especially experimental design and advanced statistical analysis, e.g. ANOVA (mixed-effects models), clustering and multivariate classification and regression
- Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis of complex data sets
- High proficiency of statistical scripting (R or SAS) and experience in a UNIX environment
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- PhD with 5 years relevant field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, biology or agronomy)
- Experience in statistics working in biotechnology, field trials or breeding
- Experience with biotechnological omics-data and meta-analysis
- High proficiency with both scripting languages R and SAS
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
To APPLY ONLINE, please use teh following URL:http://on.basf.com/scientistsrfadv
More positions from: BASF Plant Science
Posted from June 29, 2012 until December 29, 2012
SeedQuest reference number: 28007