Technical Sales Representative, Processing Tomatoes & Peppers
Location: Southern San Joaquin Valley, California, USA
Harris Moran Seed Company brings vegetable seed products to the world. Committed to innovation and inspired by worldwide partnerships in scientific, industrial and commercial fields, we develop vegetable seeds for markets in more than 65 countries across the globe. Harris Moran Seed Company is part of the HM.Clause business unit entity, which belongs to Limagrain, an international cooperative headquartered in France. If you are a qualified applicant interested in working in a fast-paced, culturally diverse team environment, we invite you to take a close look at our job opportunities.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
The Technical Sales Representative (TSR) will be responsible for sales activities and product development for Processing Tomatoes and Peppers in the Southern San Joaquin Valley.
- Generate and implement new market / business development plans, to meet the business goal of providing the best varieties possible for customers, as well as expanding customer base in the sales area.
- Initiate and maintain contact with present and potential customers, through sales calls and associated travel.
- Recommend specific varieties to meet the needs of the customer.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the customers and the Harris Moran associates, acting as the liaison between these groups.
- Develop and implement annual trial plans to identify new varieties that will meet customer needs.
- Develop required product performance trial data through trials to determine features and benefits of new products and to make recommendations to the Product Development Manager regarding new products to be advanced into the commercial product line.
- Resolve product performance issues with the customers in conjunction with Region Mgr.
- Develop and implement sales action plans to achieve annual sales and margin budgets.
- Review sales forecasts on a monthly bases and production release updates as requested.
- Monitor market trends and identify new varieties that will allow Harris Moran to capitalize on the growth opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding the competitor’s key products.
- Maintain knowledge and exposure to the overall Processing industry which would require one to two international trips per year to other processing markets to visit customers and understand market trends, product needs and to discuss our product’s advantages.
- Manage expenses within the annual budget for the territory.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture, or related field.
- Experience in the vegetable industry; processing tomatoes a plus.
- English fluency required; Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Some travel required.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with growers and dealers and work in the field.
- Good computer skills.
- Good project management skills a must.
Harris Moran is an "at will" employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Free Workplace.
This position offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Please send application and resume to:
PO Box 4938
Modesto CA 95352
or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More positions from: HM.Clause
Posted from January 6, 2013 until April 21, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 30736