Location: Chartainvilliers, France
We are in Europe the “Field Seeds” branch of LIMAGRAIN GROUP, agriculture and food, international and innovative Group, bringing together 2000 farmer members. The Group has 7200 employees of 45 nationalities in 38 countries. Its turnover is 1.5 billion euros.
LIMAGRAIN EUROPE (1250 permanent employees) is part of the Group’s values and is, together with its subsidiaries, among the leaders. From Research to Commercialization, our control of all process allows us to offer our customers high quality products that meet the needs and market developments (B to B). We sell our products in over 50 countries through our subsidiaries and our distribution partnerships.
We are seeking for an assistant breeder, reporting to the senior French breeder, for our Hybrid Wheat Research organization.
In this context, your main responsibilities will be :
- In collaboration with a senior breeder, to be in charge of practical management , organization and implementation of the breeding program and contribute to the key strategic decisions
- To score and select in nursery
- To contribute to the continuous optimization of the breeding program
- To analyze data and contribute to selection decisions
- Master degree / PhD in Agronomy with a comprehensive knowledge in plant genetics and plant breeding. A first experience, knowledge in hybrid wheat program is requested.
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- To work independently but also as part of a team
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively and be well organized
- Frequent travel expected in France and Western Europe
If you are interested please send your CV, and cover letter indicating references to
More positions from: Limagrain Europe
Posted from October 30, 2012 until April 30, 2013
SeedQuest reference number: 30937