Pests of Ornamental Trees, Shrubs and Flowers, 2nd edition – A Colour Handbook
July 3, 2012
David V. Alford, BSc PhD, Formerly Regional Entomologist, and Head of Entomlogy Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries & Food, Cambridge
- New book – the definitive work on the identification and control of pests affecting the hugely economically important area of ornamental trees, shrubs and flowers;published June 2012.
- A diagnostic tool and comprehensive reference to individual insects and other pests, including their status, host range, world distribution, diagnostic features and biology. Includes information on new “alien“ pests, including many that have recently invaded and become established in Europe.
- A description of the characteristic damage caused by each pest is given, and the principles of pest control discussed.
- No comparable volume on the market: 480 large-format pages; concise text; 1100+
superb colour photos; numerous tables.
- Author: David V. Alford – world-renowned entomologist, formerly Head of
Entomology Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries & Food, Cambridge, UK.
- Full book details and sample content at www.mansonpublishing.com/ornamental
Published: July 3, 2012