United Kingdom - 2020 PGRO/Syngenta Pulse Crop Roadshow for Growers are taking place between 21 and 30 January
January 3, 2020
Pulse growers and advisers are invited to the 2020 PGRO and Syngenta Pulse Crop Roadshows. They offer the opportunity to learn more about pulse cropping and how to optimise them in rotations.
The events will travel through the major growing regions covering a range of topics of value to all growing or considering growing pulses. Topics covered this year will be:
- The agronomic challenges of growing legumes with the loss of proven solutions - new strategies and their impact on crop management: Syngenta.
- Factors determining disease development and an update on the effect of cover crops: Lea Herold, PGRO.
- Downy mildew – the interactions of populations with varieties: Jim Scrimshaw, PGRO.
- Evaluating bean crops and the yield influencing factors with Hummingbird: Becky Howard, PGRO.
- Pea and Bean YENs – an overview: Steve Belcher, PGRO.
The Roadshows will be held in Bury St Edmunds (21 January), Ashford (22 January), Ardington near Wantage (23 January), Escrick near York (29 January), and Peterborough (30 January).
A FULL LIST OF DATES AND VENUES ARE AT THIS LINK www.pgro.org/pgro-diary-of-events
All meetings will start at 16:00 and finish at 18:15 with a pie & pea meal. NRoSO and BASIS points will also be available.
All wishing to attend should visit the Syngenta events link to book a place: https://www.syngenta.co.uk/events
More news from: PGRO - Processors & Growers Research Organization
Published: January 6, 2020
The news item on this page is copyright by the organization where it originated
Fair use notice